Hello! My name is Anna Gray Ivey, and I am the school counselor at Orchard Park Elementary! I am originally from Rock Hill, SC, and have lived in the upstate for the last two years while completing my graduate studies. I hold Bachelor of Arts degrees in English and Secondary Education from Clemson, and prior to becoming a school counselor, I taught high school English for two years at Clover High School in Clover, SC. I earned my Master of Education and Education Specialist degrees in School Counseling at Clemson as well, so needless to say, I am a huge Tigers fan! I enjoy spending time with my husband, our three cats, and our friends and family, and I am so excited to be a part of the team here at OPE!
My role as the school counselor is to provide support for students with regard to their social, emotional, academic, and career needs by way of individual and group counseling as well as classroom lessons. Your student is always welcome to come to my office to talk to me, and you can also reach out to me via email at email@example.com or my counseling referral form.
Description of services:
As a school counselor, I provide both direct and indirect services as a means of meeting the social, emotional, academic, and career needs of my students.
- Instruction - whole classroom lessons based on character development and students’ needs
- Appraisal and Advisement - assessment and advisement for students’ interests and abilities
- Counseling - short term individual and group counseling sessions based on students’ needs
- Consultation - share strategies for student success with parents/guardians, staff members, and community members
- Collaboration - work with parents/guardians, staff members, and professionals within the community to support student success
- Referrals - make referrals to community agencies as needed in order to best support students and their families
Please feel free to check out the following links to learn more about the role of an elementary school counselor as well as the differences between the terms “guidance counselor” and “school counselor.”